Monday, July 6, 2009

Anti-Body Dysmorphic Disorder: A Self Diagnosis

Body Dysmorphic Disorder or BBD is most often found in person's suffering from anorexia. They look in the mirror and regardless of their actual appearance, they see someone who is overweight and they continue to work to lose it. I believe that I am suffering from something opposite of that. Despite what I wrote it my last post, the truth is that I think I look really good when I look in the mirror and so I have to remind myself that it can't possibly be true. How is it possible that I am the weight and size of someone who would not look good but on me it just works. If you've ever seen the movie Shallow Hal, there is a seen where Gwyneth Paltrow takes off her little clothes and throws them accross the room and all of a sudden they are huge. Well I must have been affected by Tony Robbins because my large clothes look the perfect size once they are on me. I'm glad that I like me so much but I have to remind myself of the truth so that I can remember to work toward actual improvement.

In addition to Tony Robbins, I am also a big fan of Tony Horton (P90X); so I bought another of his programs called The 10 minute Trainer. The workouts are only 10 min but you can do multiple in a day, so I plan to always do 2 or 3. I'm excited that this program is more designed for women than P90x and for weight loss. P90x is so muscle building that I didn't lose any weight, I'm excited to see some slimming results. The program even contains a 10 day quick cut weight program which promises to cut one pant size in 10 days. I happen to have 10 days left until my high school reunion, so I'm putting it to the test. I'm actually only two pants sizes bigger than when I was in high school; so one size down would be great and two would be fantastic. So I have high hopes for this program. I even got my husband to do it with me. Normally he wouldn't do anything that was at all girly, but since I did P90X with him and since he wouldn't mind cutting some weight too. Next time we start P90X, we'll be more able to do push-ups and pull-ups when we have less body weight to push and pull.

No comments: