Thursday, July 23, 2009

Latest trip to Cali
















My husband says that all I ever want to do is go to California. I have to admit it calls to me and I have no real vacation experience; so, I don't long for other places. This trip was all planned because of my 20 yr high school reunion; so it had to be a CA trip.
We started by visiting Lisa in Huntington Beach. She was very gracious and let us eat all of her beloved ice cream. Coming from her, that is true love. Thank you again, Lisa. Next we went to Lovely downtown, Bakersfield. The first night it was 107 degrees when we arrived. We had pizza with my fam and as we exited it was still 107. We stayed at the four points by sheraton and they had a great pool. It wasn't heated but it felt like it was. We went swimming the first night and Jake complained that he couldn't cool off. I love night swimming. He was just happy that we could crank it down it 65 in the hotel room.

The next day we took advantage of the fact that my sisters wanted to watch our kids and we went to the movies alone. We saw the latest Harry Potter, which we both loved. Jake could not get over the fact that the theatre was so very empty. It was a brand new, stadium seating theatre called the Mayan. We arrived five minutes before the show and it was a new movie. There was no line at all and they were offering free popcorn, which we didn't want. We only ever get popcorn to occupy our kids who easily get bored at movies. I tried to explain to Jake that people just really don't go to the movies in Bako. Personally, I would rather go swimming or boating instead as well.

That night we went River Rafting with my sister's, their men, an uncle, a cousin and her friends. It was pretty scarey while rafting, but after I couldn't remember why I was scared. It was beautiful at night and great fun.

The next day, saturday, was my reunion. I couldn't find my camera; so, I have no pictures. Hopefully someone will post there's soon so I can see them. It was fun to see people. Almost everybody that showed up is also on facebook, so I felt like I could tell them about themselves rather than ask them any questions.

We went swimming everyday, while there. The kids of course loved staying in the hotel and I just love to go away every chance I get. The kids got to spend a lot of time with cousins they never see. And I got to see two of my father's siblings that I never see. Everything went as planned, so it was a very good vacation. Next time, I'll have to think of somewhere to go other than California.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

There is no better place to come than So. Cal. You get the perks of great weather, good activities, it's close, and you have family and friends here. I have to admit I had to stop myself from jumping on top of my ice cream and screaming, "it's mine, ALL MIne, HEE HEE HEE!"