Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Back In The Saddle


I couldn't let everyone believe that we dropped out of P90X for good. We started up last monday and have been going strong all week. For any of you who were considering giving it a try. I recommend the program highly. It was hard to restart once stopping, but so worth it. Monday I felt twenty times healthier. It gives me a rush to get up early and work out hard. After a three week pause, I was completely out of shape again. Today I can barely lift my arms or sit down. I also lost all the fexibility I had gained, which wasn't much for a normal person, but I can't usually touch my toes.

We made some adjustments to make the program fit more comfortably into our lives, mostly with the diet. Rather than following the recipes completely we decided to just follow the food group allowances. We use some of the recipes still. Also, we started over from the beginning for the excercise, but for the diet we've blended the fat shredder witht he energy boost plans.

It is important to realize that this is not a weight loss program. The company is called "beachbody" and the main goal is tighter everything. The ab ripper, yoga, jump training, and bum and thigh programs are wonderful and the most intense I've ever done. When I'm focusing on arms, shoulders, and back, the program seems like it's more for guys but I have to remind myself that it is that kind of thinking that makes it commonplace for women to have relief society arms (AKA: saggy, flapping triceps).

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Wow what a blast from the past. I didn't recognize your last name but when I looked at your picture I knew you imediatly. Looks like you and your family are doing great. The kids are adorable. You look exactly the same. Good luck with your workout program you look great!

heymaughan said...

We're doing it now--just 5 days into it but happy so far.

You're becoming an uber-blogger with that cute background of yours, and the music. Someday I will get fancy too.

heymaughan said...

We're doing it now--just 5 days into it but happy so far.

You're becoming an uber-blogger with that cute background of yours, and the music. Someday I will get fancy too.