Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


I have just recently discovered something about all of the big holidays that are clumped together from Oct 31st through Jan 1st. They were created as a diversion to get people through the winter. Being from Bakersfield, CA where there is no winter, I always just thought they were for fun. But now that I live in a place that half the year seems to me like an uninhabitable wasteland, I realize I need Christmas Carols to convince me that it is actually a winter wonderland. I had never seen real snow when I first came to Utah and 15 years later, I still haven't warmed up to the idea. During my college years I discovered snowboarding to divert my attention from the discomforts of the local weather. Now that I have small children, I don't get to the slopes much but I celebrate the holidays more than ever before. So, as much as some people are peeved by celebrating Christmas too early, I'm startng now. I very much enjoyed creating a Christmas Carol playlist. I searched through all my favorites, listening to different versions. I chose about 25 songs (I couldn't narrow it down to less). And while I was at that website only 36 viruses loades onto my computer. I have a real love/hate for the playlist website.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Tami, I hope you don't mind I copied you and went to tcbsotb. Thanks for helping us get into the Christmas spirit!

Boyce said...

Tami,

How fun to get some comments from you on our blog. It has been years!!! You're family is beautiful. We should get some Bako peeps all together some time up here....maybe some Christmas caroling???

Mother 25 - 8 said...

I just realized that you and Amy have the exact kid ratio, only opposite. I wonder if you'll end up being related? ;)